Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring in Prospect Park-Niagara Falls

Unfinished, I have to share this bit of Springtime. Tulips, forsythia, fruit trees in bloom, buds & blossoms everywhere. Started yesterday, I laid in most of the colors & shapes you see before I lost the light & got frustrated. For the first time, I returned with a wet painting to the same site to finish it. It was still overcast, but bright and I was able to put in the bench & streetlight. It just needs to get a little skin on the whites so I can glaze the big white tree with a bit of yellow & punch up the white gloss of the globe. The whites were entirely too wet to do anything with yet. So much for plein air. At least the national definition is 85% complete on site. It won't take more than 5 minutes to glaze once the paint sets up. 
Spring in Prospect Park, oil 11x14 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment