Sunday, July 6, 2008

Positively Main Street


All day Saturday, people were smiling & visiting on Main Street of Niagara Falls from Cedar to Chilton for art, music, food and entertainment. I set my tent up with only two walls showing some representative work, cards and small prints.

Since this was the first event of this kind, I also brought my easel & was able work on a small painting of City hall. It took all day due to the fact that it was nearly impossible to see the building with all the trees around it. It is possibly the best collection of elegant full size trees outside the parks & cemeteries in one place in town. 

Carl & I sat in the shade in our new 'art chairs' with pockets, water bottle cooler & attached table & enjoyed one of the nicest days of the year so far. It was great to see so many familiar people come out for the beginning of the renaissance in Niagara Falls-you think??

City Hall from Cedar 8x10 oil, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment