Monday, June 1, 2009

2010 calendar planning

UPS safely delivered a double-boxed cardboard order Saturday-the new empty calendar cases for 2010. Planning next year's calendar, I had finally decided to create a 12 month 'Niagara Falls' series, which is a bit harder than I thought, since I had already selected at least 4 Falls paintings-the best ones-for each of my previous four calendars. Keeping with my plan to feature only new work, I am boggled by a variety of selection  conditions. 
1), horizontal images work best with the calendar. 
2), who wants 12 pages of blue water? 
3), not every painting qualifies; I'd be the first to say that not every composition is up to a 30 day analysis by my public. 
4), all the images need to be finished & selected for layout by the end of this month!  
5), I was a cold weather chicken this winter & did not venture out much to paint the ice & snow mounds en plein aire at Niagara.
This painting will be one of the spring images, it was made on one of those sunny early Spring days when people come flocking to the walking paths to wish away winter. Still cold along the water, the buds had started on some bushes.
Dance on the Rapids oil, 11x14 2009

1 comment:

  1. For #2- I like water all the time! Especially Niagara waters!
    For #4- so get to work!
    I like the one you've picked out already.
    Love ya! Robin

    ReplyDelete