Friday, June 26, 2009

The pleasures of weather



It seems like it has been a while since I posted, but I have finished 30 paintings this year-& four of them in just two intense days this month, by camping at Allegeny State Park with several NFPAP friends. This painting was completed on a scheduled paintout in late April. The view is in Sanborn looking out towards Lake Ontario. A lovely day, Spring greens were in the fields, buds were opening & birds were searching for nesting spaces. 

Preparing for painting, & recovering afterwards, takes more time than even I imagine, so it has been a while since I photographed my new work. Of course, the weather has been rainy or windy whenever I find the time-& when it was nice out, I painted! The best photographs of my artwork happens on the perfectly still days outdoors, with filtered light. I do miss the control of the studio I had before, umbrellas, strobes & a synch button, but I don't miss anything else about it.
On the Ridge at Lower Mountain Road, 10x20, oil, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment