Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Original Artworks that were purchased as gifts

Christmas was an opportunity for gift paintings to take up new residences and leave my walls. Each January I start new art files on the computer but I still have a few paintings listed in multiple years. It depends on when the photos are taken and sometimes I forget when a particular piece was completed. If I really love it, it seems more recent than ones that have less of my love.

As a result of this filing system I may discover some photos that still need to be shot - it is not easy to catch up because when I shoot my own the weather and light has to be just right, morning with no wind, not too bright out but not cloudy either. (Yes, I miss the amazing setup I had with strobes and a darkroom) I sometimes find that a picture has entirely evaded the camera and this post is to honor those sold paintings that went out silently to live on new walls. I had planned to post a series of paintings that were sold late Fall for December gift giving, but I missed the final shot of one pastel lovely. Good thing I know where they live!

Time to get ready for the Spring gift season, all made in USA.
American Falls from Secret Garden, pastel 12x18, collection of Jennie Henderson

Listen for the Loon, oil 8x10, collection of Mr & Mrs. Alex

Olympic Ice, oil 12x24, Linda Koester, gift to Nebraska family

Return to Serenity, commission, pastel 15x12.5, Emily, gift to her California family

Above the Clouds, oil 5x7, collection of Alan Hastings

December 10pm, oil 24x24 collection of Mr. & Mrs. Glen Altman

No comments:

Post a Comment