Friday, May 25, 2012

Hazards of plein air

I painted yesterday at the yacht club in the shade of a docked sailboat. A worker inside attached the boat battery and the auto-bilge kicked on and dumped a winters worth of antifreeze, diesel and fungi on me, my painting and easel. Fortunately I moved before it started pumping the rest of it. Stinky, and the guys there will have a funny story for years to come. (they were very apologetic to me, but I can hear them laughing in the future anyway). My painting has interesting waterproof speckles, not sure if I will keep it.

www.kschifano.com
Art news & pictures at www.kschifano.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. i posted this for my International Plein AIr Painters friends and got lots of responses regarding the hazards of plein air, including cougars! I'll stick with sailboats, thank you.

    ReplyDelete