Saturday, June 30, 2012

On the road, Adirondack painting

Kathy Schifano, Adirondack plein air
Publisher's Paintout 2.0 2012 is now over and I am back home with 8 new paintings, so it's up to the studio to mat and frame and finish whatever needs touch ups after traveling. I found this photo of me in Facebook, with the Adirondack Mountain School of Painters at Heavenly Hills Farm, an amazing spread with mountain views in every direction, a lovely white mansion available for non profits and meetings and miles of rolling fields of freshly cut hay bales. Can you tell I like it there? I oil painted a 5x7 plan, followed by 16x12 of the same scene with a little adjustments for composition. The two paintings have completely different colors because the light changed from clear, as you see it here, to misty distance, so the second painting is lighter and more pastel. Same day, same picture, but I don't chase the light and I just paint how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment