Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Published Painting

My painting, 'Coffee Time, Long Beach Morning' is featured this week in 'Why This Works' by Jeanne Mackenzie. Click HERE to see the article published in an international online magazine.

Part of the pleasure of being a plein air painter involves crawling websites for great new artwork, sharing ideas and techniques with other artists and discovering how much wonderful art is being produced worldwide under the banner of 'plein air'.

Weekly letters and magazines, blogs, personal websites, journals and social media keep us connected. I have been fortunate to know painters all over the country, to meet and often paint with my artist friends at parks and vistas wherever I travel. The Publisher's Invitational event in the Adirondacks is one of the best places to meet new people and share experiences as artists. I joined them the inaugural year and returned to attend 3 times, the 4th event coming in 2014 may be the first I miss. However, my friendships are permanent. One site I was introduced to there is at OutdoorPainter.com, an online weekly magazine that features events and people, which chose this painting for a feature.



KAth Schifano Long Beach painting
Coffee Time, Long Beach Morning, oil 10x20 K. Schifano

1 comment: