Saturday, March 8, 2014

Painted Anthuriums

Botanical Gardens, plein air, floral painting  Can't wait to go paint outdoors? Join me on Thursday mornings in South Buffalo.

 Buffalo's Botanical Garden has the most amazing displays as the plants react to longer days and warmer sunlight. The cactus are pushing flowers, the koi are more active, orchids scream gorgeous and all the freshly trimmed trees are putting out new branches.

This set up is with my new Guerilla Painter artist box, it is so versatile and lightweight, my first use of it  here was a joy! I will write about it soon.

'Anthurium Spring' 9x12 oil c. K. Schifano

1 comment:

  1. Great picture for backdrop. but the painting is much more moving. You did another (somewhat) like this many years ago and it was always one of my favorites. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete