Friday, June 20, 2014

2014 Summer Solstice

 As each season changes, we remark on the day but I try to be a painter on the solstice and equinox as a way to acknowledge the change. As a teacher I tried to remember to bring 'eggs' to balance; whether it was a hoax or not, it worked until the table shook.

This was painted on Carl's birthday, we both packed up paint kits and headed to Beaver Island State Park. I felt this one was finished, but Carl was still painting, so I used a 5x7 and painted his portrait under the umbrella. It is now a special painting and I am glad I tried that second one. I titled it 'Birthday Suit'.

This is an oil which is lighter and brighter than this picture, it is under a shade umbrella for the photo. Amazing skies today. 

Beaver Island Solstice, 9x12 oil

No comments:

Post a Comment