Friday, August 8, 2014

3rd and Niagara, Niagara Falls Painting story

Kath Schifano, painting downtown, Kathy pink hat
I found a photograph of myself on the 'Niagara Painters' website, we were painting this morning in downtown Niagara Falls.
A young lady from Boznia Herzegovina came by to chat, she was practicing her English, and asked me why I chose the 3rd Street scene. I said I liked the street because I used to live right there ----> on the painting.
She answered, 'I live right there.' She's upstairs from the old Sheusi Brothers furniture store, I lived in the cottage behind, but I knew about the apartments, the Murphy beds, built in cabinets and elegant woodwork. I wonder if, after 30 years, many of them in neglect, some of the elegance remains? For her sake, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment