Saturday, April 25, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days #19 pear

This is the third in a series of single fruit, the earlier two are in posting #15. I went shopping for a citrus, but all the oranges and grapefruit were just round balls, no particular characteristics and no challenge. I chose pears, which got a good bumping in the packing lane. I kept looking at the shadow color on my white palette paper and couldn't determine blue or green, although the value is correct. Technically, it would be a cool violet shade, but my eyes didn't pick that out at all, so here it is, blue-green. The fruit is only 3x3" square.

Grapes may appear in the future. Framed, this is $50, click here to contact me.

Pear, framed, 3x3 oil on Arches Huile, c.2015

Schifano, small paintings, oil of fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment