Sunday, April 12, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days #8

KSchifano, plein air BUffalo, Canisius

KSchifano, Buffalo painting, Canisius
After delivery of 3 paintings to Impact Gallery the east side of Buffalo's Main Street glowed as I drove in the mid afternoon sunlight, especially the odd combination of buildings on Canisius College campus. The central tower blocks most of the Greek Revival center behind it, but the angles of the buildings intrigued me. I parked in the Forest Lawn across Main Street. Someday, I will walk around and investigate these varied buildings built decades apart.

I remembered my tiny cigar box paint set, with a 5x7 panel in the bracketed lid. Sample tubes of paint fit nicely, but all I had were a few tubes so this was a study in resourcefulness. No mineral spirits or mediums, no way to clean paint on the raggedy brushes I found there except the two Dunkin' Donuts napkins in the door pocket. Plus, I worked in my lap, wearing white jeans. I stayed neat and clean painting this from the car, at least until I got home when I pressed my sleeve into the wet paint and it spread everywhere from there.
Gone.
Canisius Perspectives, 5x7 oil on birch panel, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment