Friday, April 10, 2015

30 paintings in 30 Days, # 6 Primrose

flower oil painting, niagara artist, kath schifano
The primroses outside my window have been green for weeks, but won't open until the warmth is more than temporary. I buy them to brighten our table and plant them outdoors later. A bit of water consistently keeps them flowering, indoors and out.

Keeping up with a 'painting a day' is interesting but I have barely dry little gems to photograph each day and I am still trying to figure out why wet paint and cameras don't get along. I usually wait weeks, or even months to photograph my work all at one time, in a controlled situation with perfect lighting and a block of time. This is quite a challenge!

Primrose in Porcelain, 6x6 oil on canvas panel, 2015

This painting is a bit larger and without a frame for $65. Click here to email me or use the PayPal button.

No comments:

Post a Comment