Saturday, May 2, 2015

30 in 30 days, # 25, Blocks

childrens toys
These 3 blocks have been around for years. WHere is the rest of the alphabet? There was a flat truck, four wheels and a pull cord, why do I have just 3?

I am pleased with the final image. The blocks were painted first with nearly pure pigments, each primary stained a different white bristle brush. Permanently. I stopped using my best Rosemary brushes for this project because of the abuse I dole out...leaving a painting and dirty brushes for hours to do errands or even overnight because I have finished or I just walk away to eat. Brushes generally last me forever as I had pretty good clean up skills and need to get back to them!

These were on my work tabletop, with gloss white paper on the surface and I could see both shadows and reflections of the blocks. Again, FUN! Interested? Click here to email me. $65

'Down Side Up' 5x7, oil on canvas panel c.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment