Sunday, July 26, 2015

Buffalo Garden Walk

The annual July garden walk in Buffalo is a chance to see spectacular picnic spaces, patios, ponds and dramatic flowers and trees. The largest walk in the country and one of the first, thousands of people converge on the West side to gawk and gape and wonder if they had extra hours to cultivate their plants could they have stunning gardens too? 

It's also quite social, we are guaranteed to see old friends along the way. In 2009 I had painted on Summer Street with my friends and the homeowner purchased the painting of her house from me. Happy with the results she had me return to paint the back yard as well. 

Six years later I was on her street and noticed how things had grown since my original paint date. Kitty was on her porch, surrounded by lush flowers and invited me in to see the paintings. Like I said, events like these bring old friends together...what a treat to visit the paintings in their own home. 


Kathy Schifano
Kitty in her beautiful Summer Street dining room

No comments:

Post a Comment