Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Finally completed the Lagoon


Several Spring seasons ago I started a painting at Beaver Island State Park and held onto it hoping to finish on a day with similar conditions. In the meantime, the silver maple trees on the far shore had died. When I finally found the right day this year to work on the painting I left those trees in the background and completed the rest of the painting. I added the new heron's nesting platform in the lagoon which sported a nest and a resident bird, smaller than the expected herons. 
The Lagoon at Beaver Island, 16x20 oil

I don’t usually leave paintings unfinished so I’m pleased with this and have one less picture in the 'needs more work' pile. 

Working under an artist umbrella in sun and a stiff breeze, this painting is done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment