Sunday, August 13, 2023

Two ribbon awards at the Fairgrounds

 

Enrolled as a professional I am pleased to have received a second place red ribbon for my seascape at the Erie County Fairgrounds. I learned of the award on opening day when we went to see the fair with thousands of others. The colors and smells! The rides and food choices! Just like a fair should be in the sunshine.

The following Saturday was a Plein air competition. We had to create a new painting of the fair in the allotted time. Pleased to announce my painting was awarded a third prize gold ribbon. A crazy weather day, it rained, cleared, got windy, cleared again and ended with a downpour. I’m surprised to have survived. 

Here are photos of the Saturday event, Plein air results on the wall.

Once the paintings were hung it received quite a bit of attention.

Henry's Kettle Korn

I chose Henry's Kettle Corn stand for my subject. It’s right next to a triple flag base with flowers growing in the base. The combination attracted me. Not the best photo here but I had to mat and frame the pastel with glass and deliver within the time frame and rules. 


No comments:

Post a Comment