Thursday, October 31, 2013

Poetry & Art, and Interchangeable Impressions

Stuck in an arm brace for several weeks, I could not hold or maneuver my favored pastels, which probably were the cause of my wrist and thumb issues in the first place.

Not using pastels, limited to oils this summer and fall, I devised a few new ways to wield brushes. Working on treated wood boards gave me more control. Using a palette knife helped cut down on my repetitive motions, and working smaller, with its own particular challenges, limited additional stress on my damaged tendons. I would not give up creating!

While painting with Sherrill Primo, she told me of a poem by Richard about the single red tree of a new fall, a clarion of the season. Hence this lovely bit of Buckhorn State Park, across from the fisherman's dock and its title.

Clarion for Autumn, 7x5, oil 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment