Saturday, June 14, 2014

Guerrilla Painter 9x12 LapTop box

An NFPAP paintout at Gateway Park in Tonawanda was a great opportunity to just sit in the park where I often stroll, to admire the view and boats and on the weekends, listen to live music. A Thursday morning, the water was empty of boats and there were few visitors as the weather report was not very promising although it was quite nice while we painted and had lunch. 

My new paintbox from Judson Art Outfitters is keeping me in the 9x12 size range which is a pretty good discipline for me, the pictures all dry and cure on the same mid size rack in my studio. You can see how the painting fits inside the lid, under my palette are tubes and brushes. With my lap or a tripod I can paint anywhere comfortably. Two wet paintings can fit, back to back. I tape white nonabsorbent palette paper to the wood mixing area, most artists mix their paints on the panel, for some reason I never got into it. I can pull the used paint mixes out easily; several pages are taped on top of one another. It is just so portable and convenient!

I have yet to discover a way to connect my umbrella safely to my new light weight setup, a good breeze would take the whole setup away. Seated, I can fit under it but I also like to stand to paint. I have a choice of a 'Shade Buddy' tall umbrella and a small flexible one to attach to the box, using what I have now is helping me decide the next step.

Guerrilla Painter laptop, 9x12 paintbox
Walking Bridge at Long Homestead, unfinished oil painting

No comments:

Post a Comment