Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Return to Texas



Fascinated by the Bottlebrush tree, I had to go back to Texas to see it in full bloom this year.

Well, no, actually we went to visit Robin, Jeremy & the Houston Museum of Art [great Afghanistan treasures show], and I used their front door sidelights as a frame & tried the annual Bottlebrush painting from a chair indoors. I was only a few feet away, but it was seen through the glass.
Next, I sat out on the back deck bench & caught shadows of light on the path & fence. I was in full shade myself & just relished the heat as the day warmed up. Little lizards watched from the ferns nearby. Unfortunately, I had to place my palette on the left side & reach over myself. Every time I do that I say 'never again!'-it is a workout for my right shoulder so I tend to paint the bristles dry.
Spring Geranium 11x14 oil 2009
Bottlebrush 2009 7x5

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures, I'm glad you let me get some weeds out before you started working. How embarrassing to permanently and publicly record my poor garden upkeep. It was such a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete