Monday, June 30, 2008

East Aurora NY weekend art show

It was called the 55th East Aurora Art Association Show, but I would call it a rainy weekend. Friday, June 27 Carl & I set up the tent and on Saturday morning after the rain it was still dry inside. We had about two hours of dark clouds and a deluge on Saturday the 29th, then on Sunday the threatening clouds really acted up from about 3:00-a noisy rain event that filled the street to the curbs continued until we were packed & gone. It was lovely the rest of the time & sunblock was needed, too. 
Only problem is the wet tent & walls that still need to be aired before being packed-for next week in Niagara falls.
I was pleased to be awarded a Merit ribbon in Oil for my painting-Seven Apples & the Light-which is near the tent pole. I was situated next to Sharon Fundalinski [white skirt], & Peggy Walker is seated there too. They are the two best painting buddies I have-my Thursday artists. That's my back at the easel-there was a lovely old oak tree trunk in front of the red bricks that I was able to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment