Sunday, April 5, 2009

New Texas portrait in progress


Although I have my own daily progress records [such an ed. term!] for many studio paintings, I rarely post them. You can click on the subject 'artist process' or 'rose' on the right side to see one. There is a round painting of a rose, published last year here, but since this is such a 'long distance' portrait I have decided to publish it as it evolves. These represent two sittings, the light seems different because  there is daylight on the second photo. No matter how true spectrum my bulbs are, the camera is not fooled & warms the images. Yes, it is a peachy sort of background. Love that Texas sunlight.
Still working the title-Return to Green Castle?, Robin's view? Two Patient Buddies?[no!] The Smith castle/residence/home? Titles write themselves, this one is to be determined.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the dogs! They were posing for me again when I went over there to chat this weekend. One always tilts his head and his tongue hangs out of the side of his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the roofline end on the left? Are there soldier bricks on top of the windows before the gutter line? Where does the peak end---Stuck on painting at the top of the house, which will be covered with pine tree, but needs to be there, first!!

    ReplyDelete