Thursday, March 26, 2015

'The Plume Over Three Sisters'

NIagara Falls artist, K Schifano

This is another bridge painting at Three Sisters islands at the Niagara Reservation State Park, now hanging in Dr. Marrone's Dental office along with another of my falls paintings showing the power of the upper rapids. I started it as a bridge picture with emphasis on the plume of the Horseshoe falls in the sky. The early Fall colors and the light and shadows of the bridge took over and the mist is a smaller part of the painting than I first imagined. Something about the bridges, I love being there.

I have used this composition as a reference for a much larger pastel, a good experience taking a plein air to the studio.

The Plume Over Three Sisters. 9.5x12, oil on birch panel, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment