Saturday, May 2, 2015

30 in 30 days, #24 Niagara River Boat Slips

Kathy Schifano, Niagara artist, 30 in 30 days, Joseph Barbaro
This is a pre plan for a larger painting. I had wanted to paint a scene similar to this for a while, I decided to make the next one in a rectangle format and laid in the background and basic shapes. I stopped for lunch and when I returned the wind had picked up, my palette wanted to fly away with the paint mixtures, the mast of my box was shaking and the larger image was started on Arches Huile, which is flexible.

Working next to the Niagara River can be hazardous at times.Most of the dock pilings are crooked to start with, but it was ridiculous to try to finish there and then. This is the painting of the day and the other will have to wait. No boats were in the water yet, it is still early in the season for boating, but I bet it fills up in the next week or two.
Gone
'Waiting for Boats' 3x3", oil on stretched canvas (with bug) c. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment