Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Thinking About Frank DiGaudio

Frank was my stepdad and he suddenly died 3 weeks before 9/11. I'm glad he missed it but I wonder sometimes if he was lucky to be spared the experience. Anyway, his heart was with his BPOE group, the Elks, and he ran their Bingo, gaming nights, bought supplies and danced every song. When my friends went to Forest Lawn to paint I was immediately attracted to a huge elk sculpture inside the Main Street gate. Majestic and proud, mounted on a pedestal of rock I painted this elk and considered Frank. We had a lovely conversation. 

Where Elks Rest, pastel 9x12 

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw this I thought of Frank, and knew you drew it with him in mind. Slightly different from your usual style, but you always surprise me. Pleasantly of course.

    ReplyDelete