Monday, January 18, 2021

Sing along time

An Ode to Plein Air Painting
(to the tune of "My Favorite Things")

By Casey Cheuvront

Sunshine on water and shadows on rushes,
New RayMar panels and Rosemary brushes,
All of the insights a good workshop brings -

These are a few of my favorite things.

Finding the right trail when GPS fails you;
Hiking in though there's a storm that assails you.
Finding that one view that makes your heart spring -

These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadmium Orange and fresh tubes of yellow,
Chatting with hikers who stop to say "Hello",
How good it feels when your painting just sings -

These are a few of my favorite things.

When the cap sticks,
When the rig falls,
When the weather's bad -
I simply remember my favorite things,

And then I don't feel
so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment