Monday, August 29, 2022

England and Wales continued

 One of the fantastic artists at Workshops in Yorkshire invited me to stay at her home at the end of our week. I hesitated but I was assured she would get me to Manchester airport in a few days. 

I am so glad I accepted the invitation, as Liz's extended family, lovely historic stone home and spectacular location were the best part of my UK experience. It turns out I was now in Wales with her and I found subtle differences with more beautiful views and enjoyed every minute. This involved a lot of driving and I am in her debt for a wonderful time; we painted, had some lovely excursions, went to a surprise birthday party (everyone was incredibly nice) and ate wonderfully.

One of my nearly completed workshop paintings is of a climbing 'Sylvia Rose'. I met a lovely young girl whose name happened to also be Sylvia Rose and she was thrilled to pose with my painting. We visited in a large covered area with sunshine streaming around us, sheep bleating nearby while her grandfather (?) played the guitar and sang a song written by his son followed by a song by Sylvia. She was charming and confident, ready to start back to school soon. It was delightful and memorable, life and new friendships are so good.



No comments:

Post a Comment