Saturday, September 10, 2022

Three Sisters In sunshine

September brings the sun a little lower and the glare on the water is almost difficult to watch or paint. Having sold all the bridge pictures of Three Sisters at Niagara Falls State Park, I selected a 16x20 canvas for my favorite spot. 

As I painted this a group passed behind me and gathered across the water by the rocks and steps and I realized it was a wedding. Every painting has its own story and I enjoyed watching a very informal marriage ceremony as I painted. Afterwards some of the attendees asked to buy this painting. It wasn’t complete but we made arrangements to meet at their hotel later. I carefully packed the wet oil at home and signed it with their wedding date. The group had taken up a collection to pay for it and they included a tip! I’ll have to paint here again soon, these bridge paintings are my favorite and apparently others feel the same. 

September Morning at Three Sisters 16x20 oil


No comments:

Post a Comment