Tuesday, June 4, 2024

What is Urban Sketching?

I don't always have time or materials to complete paintings when I am inspired by a location. Fortunately, I always carry a mini sketchbook and pen. 

Urban sketchers are a formal group that may meet or work independently to capture a location, usually with drawing materials. Sometimes these are long works, others are quick sketches and often contain notes on their location, or other comments the artist makes. 

I'm not sure if I am an actual Urban Sketcher Artist, but these are a few recent urban sketches from my mini notebook. It is a great way to experience a place and create memories. And it is amazing how many mini notebooks I have filled with drawings.

Pequa Restaurant, Amsterdam
Waiting for dinner in Amsterdam, April 2024


Schifano
From the harbor in Antwerp October 2023

Urban sketch, Schifano
Another Antwerp view

Hegel Wending by K Schifano
Hoorn Harbor, Netherlands October 2023

Shanty Choir in Kvasir

Lockport NY Train station ruins 2023

Botanical Gardens, February 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment