Monday, August 13, 2007

Taking Inventory


For the past two days I was at my first outdoor art festival. It was wonderful to see friends and meet people talking art talk! The outside section of my tent with local paintings of the Niagara River views, boats and harbors was a people magnet; some identified their own boats and homes on the rivershore, and they spent time looking for other familiar places inside the tent. It was a lot of fun-except the rains came on Sunday and we packed up early. I always hesitated to have an outdoor show because of the potential for damage to artwork and frames. Fortunately, most of the weekend was gloriously sunny and the crowds were constant.
My studio is now clean and organized, framing and preparing for the show is over, so it is time to paint. Something big is in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment