Sunday, July 8, 2012

Niawanda Park's 9th Annual Art on the Riverwalk

Kathy Schifano painting at Riverwalk, Tonawanda
Spectacular weather along the Niagara river combined with a Sunday art show in Tonawanda was an opportunity to paint plein air at my tent and chat with viewers about the process. Nearly full sun along the river while my pictures were set up under shade trees with a picnic table and water and parking right there made it perfect.
I started this picture when a couple placed their chairs in the shade and left for a while. Just as I was ready to work on the chairs, they returned and remained for quite a while while I was painting. It tookk a long time to finish, I had to stop frequently to talk to visitors and friends who visited the tent, so I appreciate that they stayed until the figures were completed.
c. K Schifano

The Polka Dot Chair, pastel 12x9, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment