Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I do on my vacation.

Kathy Schifano, ocean plein air
Staying just half a block from the ocean, I spent a week of mornings and evenings painting the tides and this jetty, thank goodness for the umbrella! I have decided that the only thing I really NEED to paint is water, the more action the better.

I also realized that as an Aquarius, I was raised on Long Island, live on Grand Island and never lived further than 3 blocks from the Niagara for 22 years living in Niagara Falls. This painting included several surfers and was sold with wet paint from the easel. I love when that happens, a person loves the work I do and makes a decision on the spot. Since I was traveling home the same day it was especially nice to have one less (actually two) paintings to transport. Will post photos of the artworks next.

No comments:

Post a Comment