Thursday, January 2, 2014

World Church, Houston painting

Arches Huile, oil on paper, commission painter
Kathy Schifano, Houston church
Over the past few years Route 6 in Houston has taken me to some of my favorite places, a playground/animal park, the Half Price Bookstore, Jerry's retail store, and Hobby Lobby for the solvents I do not dare take on a plane with my paint tubes.

I've admired the light and shadows on this unusually small (for Houston) church, so, as my new year painting #1, I'll have to go back and read the sign before I decide on a title. It's on Arches Huile paper. And next time, I will bring plenty of water to drink, though it was not particularly hot I nearly passed out when the shade tree I relied on became a full sun location.

edited....World Church, 15x11, oil on Arches Huile 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment