Friday, April 17, 2015

30 In 30 Days, #12 Hyde Park, NF

K Schifano, plein air, NIagara PAinters

The 'Niagara Painters' are a wonderful group of dedicated Niagara painters of all levels and media, formed online with www.Meetup.com. I have joined them on many Thursday paint events and always enjoyed their company. Last year the Duck Island paintout was abbreviated by serious rain even though dedicated painters showed up and kept working when the rain began. I went home.

The first event this year coincided with the release of 2,000 brown trout into Hyde Park lake and it seemed there were about that many people fishing, too. Fisherman are like plein air artists, get out there, spend time in nature and if it's a good catch or not, it is still a great day.

I feel like I had a good catch on my easel. With mid day light and composition established, the colors of the ground and the trees were nearly finished when I had to leave for a short appointment. Well, I wanted a bigger and better fish, so I returned an hour later to finish the branching and shrubs. After a long day I completed this painting, and walking across the bridge the wind picked up, the temperature dropped and by the time I reached the car it was raining. It's all good! Click here to email me for information

Duck Island Day 9x12 oil

Duck Island Day

No comments:

Post a Comment