Monday, April 27, 2015

30 in 30 days, #21 Monica's wares.

shawl painting, little painting, Knox Farm State Park, Kath Schifano
There is no way this painting shows the elegance and distinctive quality of the fabrics and yarns that Monica Sheusi White creates with dyes, silk, wool, alpaca and needles. We shared a room at the Knox Farm Art Fest this past weekend and I tried to keep up with my 30 paintings in 30 day challenge by painting on location, the lovely window view was mostly blocked, but the colors and textures of Monica's textiles also demanded some attention. Yup, I am crazy, the crowds kept rolling through and I had to put my painting in progress and tiny paintbox under the table so many times to talk to clients. Meanwhile, the merchandise on her display kept changing as people discovered her beautiful creations. I am blessed to be her friend and to share our love of creative endeavors, whatever the medium.
 Click here to contact me. $65 unframed

Painting Monica's Canvas, 5x7 oil on canvas board, c. 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment