Wednesday, April 15, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days, #11 Sandwich

Kath Schifano, Niagara artist, sandwich picture

Yes, there is a story here but all names will be omitted to prevent any blame. I came home mid- afternoon to this sandwich, uneaten, on the counter. "What!" I exclaimed, "She didn't eat any lunch?"
"No" was the answer, "She doesn't want mayonnaise so I made another one with butter. But I thought she asked for it." It looked delicious with lots of lettuce. But very stale.

Fortunately the sandwich was an acceptable and willing model. $65 unframed, $75 with frame

She said "Hold the mayo", 5x7 oil on birch board, 2015


She said "Hold the Mayo"


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like me as a kid. Butter on all sandwiches... no mayo, esp no mustard. Looks like DiCamillo bread, so maybe it is in your own home. It doesn't look stale, it looks like it is smiling. It is a happy painting. :)

    ReplyDelete